This post is sponsored by Martha Stewart Living and Boursin® Cheese.
I love this week’s recipe. It’s a fun and delicious take on a tiny toast starter. Boursin® Cheese Garlic & Fine Herbs makes the perfect party-ready appetizer that would leave your guests wanting more. To complement it, I made a beet chutney. Grated beets cooked slowly with sautéed onions, jalapeño, apple cider vinegar and spices. This sweet and savory chutney has the perfect amount of hit from the jalapeño, which balances perfectly with the Garlic & Fine Herbs flavor from Boursin® Cheese. You will love every bite.
Boursin® Cheese has a creamy and crumbly texture which allows you to play around with endless recipes. Also it comes in six delicious flavors. Need more inspiration? Visit www.boursin.com to find quick and easy, yet elegant recipes for every occasion.
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped with the seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds beets, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- Boursin® Cheese Garlic & Fine Herbs
- Baguette toast
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and jalapeño and cook for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Cover the pot and let it cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Don't let all the liquid evaporate. Let cool completely.
- Assemble the toast by adding about a tablespoon of beet chutney. Top with Boursin® Cheese Garlic & Fine Herbs. Enjoy
- The beets will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Photo property of Boursin® Cheese